Going international and managing a global career is not an easy choice, but can be an immensely rewarding one, both at a personal and professional level. To hear more about how to manage career and life choices, we invited Kevin Corning.
Mr. Corning has lived and worked in over 7 countries. He joined the Claire’s board in October of 2018 and was named interim CEO in March of 2019. Kevin is the former EVP International for Carter’s Inc. a global leader in children’s apparel. Previously Kevin spent 20 years working in general management in Asia, South American and Europe for companies such as Nike, Mars and Whirlpool. He also spent 5 years as a US Army officer serving as a helicopter pilot. He graduated from the College of William and Mary and has an MBA from the Kellogg School of Management.
Topics covered in the podcast
- Mr. Corning’s global experiences
- Why it is a good career strategy to move internationally
- Leadership abilities learnt in different markets
- How having an international profile can differentiate you against peers
- Balancing an international career with your personal life